Terrarium is accepting applications for a Part-Time Customer Service / Sales Associate position. We are looking for someone who loves 2 things – PEOPLE first and foremost, and PLANTS as a close second. Previous customer service or related experience is preferred.
- Greeting and interacting with each and every customer that comes in our door
- Quickly gaining knowledge of the plants and products we carry and the ability to discuss them in detail with our clients
- Maintaining a helpful, cheerful, and pro-active attitude
- Operating our sales software (Square)
- Cash handling and payment transactions
- Packaging customer purchases
- Assisting with plant maintenance – watering, trimming of leaves, etc.
- Unpacking, restocking, and tagging of inventory
- Assisting with Terrarium Bar clients
- Maintaining a clean environment via sweeping, dusting, cleaning countertops, etc.
- Answering customer questions and comments with professionalism
- Opening &/or Closing duties
Scheduling needs: Thursday, Friday and Saturday are a MUST. If you are not able to work all 3 of these days at a minimum, please do not apply. Tues-Sat availability preferred. An occasional Saturday off may be requested with advance notice, but being our busiest day of the week, we try to rotate Saturdays off for everyone.
Our store is open 10am-5pm Tuesday – Saturday and we are closed Sunday and Monday. Potential hires can expect to work about 20-30 hrs per week based on store needs and your availability.
Hourly rate to be discussed during interview. Interviews offered by appointment only, and will be scheduled after applications are reviewed. Applications and resumes may be dropped off at the store or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a copy of the APPLICATION here.
We prefer this position to be more than just a summer job. Our clients like seeing familiar faces, so we are looking for someone who is interested in being with us for a while. We realize that your availability may change after summer, so let’s discuss what might work for both of us!